A web content management system (CMS) is a kind of software which allows the user to make changes or edit the content of any website without having any Website Designing knowledge. It is essentially a computer system which is used to maintain web documents. Website Designers create series of CMS templates where webpages are dropped for future changes. User can then use a simple interface to add, delete or modify the content of the page. CMS also provides simple and easy way to create new webpages. A CMS allows document editing, auditing and timeline management.
If you have a website then you need to update it regularly so that your visitors find it interesting. Stagnant websites are like stale food making every one disinterested to even see. But it will need a lot of money if you plan to update your site by web developers every week. Hence you can have a mid way for this. A CMS can help you update your website allowing you to edit or modify the content in your website. You can save money and time by using CMS. Through CMS, you can update your content as often as you want. With constant updating your site will look more interactive and appealing. If you plan to update your content then it is a good idea to have a CMS.
Key Features of CMS
Many CMS' have different features. It is not essential that every CMS will have similar features. The basic feature of CMS is to edit the content of the website. Many CMS' have features like access rights management and content approval, dynamic site maps, e-mail alerts, dual or multilingual functionality, form creation and management, standard and accessibility compliance, Meta tag updating, site security, image optimization and processing, versioning, static report and search functionality.
How to get CMS?
Many web deigning companies offer CMS along with other services. CMS pricing depends on the number of pages and users involved in it. You can get varieties of CMS offered by different companies. Make sure you do a thorough market research before spending big bucks on CMS. You can also consult software companies for better advice.
WEBSITE DESIGN RELATED ARTICLES
- Website Design Articles
- Fontastic Website .Use of right
- Website Design .What lies beneath?
- Guidelines for a Small
- Content or Design . Who's the Boss
- Website For ALL
- Guidelines For Infallible
- Website Usability - Your Magic Stick
- Spell-Bound Website Designing
- Website Designing Horrors
- Website Designing Mistakes
- Website Credibility - things to remember
- Color Balance For Your Website
- Attractive Website Creative Approach
- Common Website Designing Mistakes
- Tips for Beginners in Website Designing
- 10 Reasons To Launch A Website
- Guidelines to make your
- Visual Appeal In Website Design
- Effective Traffic Building-Reality bites
- Designing For Search Engines
- Tips To Increase Web Navigation
- Pod Cast Next Generation
- Media & your Website