Your website is your medium to reach your potential customers. But, search engines work for your website, to make you visible and to give you a global presence. Hence before designing your website, make sure you obey few rules that can keep you in the good books of the major search engines.
Make Structure Clear
Be very clear while making your web layout. Keep in mind you are not only designing this website for your target audience but also for a variety of visitors who will get you through the search engine. Be well organized so that the search engine can recognize where the navigation, content and headings are. Use heading tags for headings and subheadings and as a rule put navigation first. Be specific in coding. Use appropriate codes for programming.
Keep Keywords Consistent
Don't underestimate search engines and neither try to be over smart while using keywords. If you'll deliberately gorge your content with keywords then search engines are wise enough to interpret this tactic. But do make sure you include all your relevant keywords in your content. Concentrate on your content then your keywords will be automatically covered.
Use Meta Tags
Be focused while using Meta tags. Though Meta tags are almost out of fashion and search engines don't bother about Meta tags for ranking, but your visitors can get info about your site through these Meta tags. Always write relevant Meta tags. Visitors will click only when they find your site relevant and for that your site should have pertinent Meta tags.
Avoid Splash Pages
Resist your temptation to have a splash page displaying full-page version of your logo. Search engines won't recognize splash pages. This might rank you lower than what you usually could be. So, avoid using splash pages.
Include Alt Tags
If key words are for your content then alt tag is for your images and graphics. Every time you use a graphic, include all text for it. Search engines recognize your alt tags for your graphics. Keep changing your alt tag every time you change the graphics.
Write Good Content
Remember content is the king, this is certainly true for websites to get a good ranking. If you have relevant information and content then other website will easily exchange their links with your URL. Have a useful content so that it can be used in blogs and other forums. To get a good ranking design a stand out content for your website.
SEO RELATED ARTICLES
- SEO Articles
- SEO Facts And Common Beliefs
- 10 tips For better Search Engine Optimization
- Link Popularity brief portrayal
- Link Popularity With Internal, Incoming And Outgoing links
- Title Tag Describe Your Website
- Website for Visitor Or Search Engine
- Top ten SEO Myths
- Common SEO Mistakes
- Tips To Create An Effective Title
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Search Engine Optimization
- Website Mistakes That Can Affect Your SEO
- Blogs For Better SEO
- How To Make A Search Engine Friendly Website?
- Steps Towards A Successful SEO
- 5 Walls Restricting Your Success SEO
- Important SEO Techniques
- Important Commandments Of Link Building
- Know You're SEO Better
- Basics Of Search Engine Optimization
- Rules Of Search Engine Positioning
- Difference between Search Engines And Search Directories
- Search Engine Marketing
- Essentials Of Search Engine Optimization
- Rules For Strategic SEO
- Internet Marketing - An Overview
- Pay Per Click
- SEO Outsourcing
- Search Engines Then, Now And Forever
- Important SEO Tools - for a better SEO
- Important Factors Of SEO Pricing
- Nine Steps to better Search Engine Friendly Writing