Before you step into the fraternity of SEO you must clearly understand few important terms related to SEO. One of the most important terminologies is search engine and search directories. Both of these help you find websites and required URLs but there is a great difference between these significant words of SEO.
Search engines are the big daddies for which the whole SEO services are conducted. These are the portals which gives you results for your searches. You can find URLs related to your desired information in these search engines. The major search engines are Google, Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista etc.
These search engines help you reach your target audience. Search engines work on keywords. When any users look for your keywords in these search engines, the engines direct users to sites with similar keywords.
Search engines don't have any category specific page. You can type any word, letter, sentence in these search pages. Search engines have spiders or crawlers who everyday crawl the web to find Meta tags for different searches. These search engines have a huge database where all the websites are indexed.
Search directories are online resources for searches and online marketing. These directories also have a huge database but they provide several different services than search engines that provide only search results. Following are few important points about search directories.
- Search directories have different specified categories where users can search URLs and links.
- Many Search engines have their own search directories.
- Search directories are the compilation of specific searches.
- Search directories can have advertisements, news and other services.
SEO RELATED ARTICLES
- SEO Articles
- SEO Facts And Common Beliefs
- 10 tips For better Search Engine Optimization
- Link Popularity brief portrayal
- Link Popularity With Internal, Incoming And Outgoing links
- Title Tag Describe Your Website
- Website for Visitor Or Search Engine
- Top ten SEO Myths
- Common SEO Mistakes
- Tips To Create An Effective Title
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Search Engine Optimization
- Blogs For Better SEO
- How To Make A Search Engine Friendly Website?
- Know You're SEO Better
- Traffic Generating Tactics For SEO
- Designing Tips For Search Engine Optimization
- Basics Of Search Engine Optimization
- Rules Of Search Engine Positioning
- Rules To Get The Best Out Of Your SEO
- Myths Of Search Engine Submission
- Hiring A SEO Company
- Content - A tool Not The King
- Beginners Guide To SEO
- Important SEO Queries
- Search Engine Marketing
- Essentials Of Search Engine Optimization
- Rules For Strategic SEO
- Internet Marketing - An Overview
- Pay Per Click
- SEO Outsourcing
- Search Engines Then, Now And Forever
- Important SEO Tools - for a better SEO
- Important Factors Of SEO Pricing
- Nine Steps to better Search Engine Friendly Writing